My company wants to manage its documents more effectively and is looking into a DMS?
First, answer these questions:
- Why do you think you need a document management system?
- What will you use it for?
- Who will be in charge of it and maintain it?
- Where do you want it installed?
- How many people will need to use it?
Now research to find out which Document Management System (DMS) is best for you. While choosing the product, keep in mind how many people you will want to have access to the DMS, and start writing a plan to implement this system. Keep your plan simple. Start with a single department in your organisation and then, as the software becomes part of the department, roll it out to other sections.
Once you know what system you will go with, refine your document management implementation plan.
Install the system and make sure everyone who will use the system gets the proper training. Learn the system inside and out.