How do I prepare my business in case disaster strikes?
There are some things you can do that will help you in case disaster ever strikes your business or organisation. Ask yourself these questions:
- If disaster comes our way, what information or data is necessary for us to run this organisation or do our tasks?
- How important are your client and employee records, accounting and other company information?
- How can we store this critical information so that we can ‘proceed as normally as possible’ if disaster strikes our business?
Always back-up this information to another media source; one copy may stay in the office, but another should go to an off-site server or media that can be taken and stored off-site.
How does workflow and business process software help?
Workflow and business process software helps to make your everyday business process smooth and simple. The software is an automation tool, which can map and control the day-to-day processes in your organisation, reducing the need for your intervention. The technology also routes documents to the users in your network, and thus, ensures improved efficiency.
What is OCR conversion?
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is a technology where typed or printed documents can be scanned as an electronic image. The characters can be recognized from the image and translated into a text format such as ASCII. This can be done with documents where you may only have the printed or paper copy, but do not have an electronic copy. The US Postal Service uses OCR technology to process a lot of its mail. It’s best to scan documents at a resolution of 300 dpi for the best character recognition.
What is Document Management?
Document Management (also known as Electronic Document Management – EDM) is an information technology that has evolved over the past two decades. EDM was perceived as a basic “electronic filing cabinet” that stored scanned documents and images on a server that could capture, index and retrieve data for future use. Today, document management is part of Enterprise Content Management and is a subset of knowledge or information management.
Why buy from Margolis?
Because we have over 20 years in the document management and workflow arena with hundreds of satisfied customers in the UK and Europe.
What are the key benefits on EDM?
- Centralised document storage providing enterprise content management
- Instant document access for approved users
- Audit trails improve legislative compliance
- Automate many business workflows
- Improve business continuity with document disaster recovery enabled by document archiving software
How long does a typical return on investment take?
Depending on your circumstances it can take anything from 6-12 months.
My company wants to manage its documents more effectively and is looking into a DMS?
First, answer these questions:
- Why do you think you need a document management system?
- What will you use it for?
- Who will be in charge of it and maintain it?
- Where do you want it installed?
- How many people will need to use it?
Now research to find out which Document Management System (DMS) is best for you. While choosing the product, keep in mind how many people you will want to have access to the DMS, and start writing a plan to implement this system. Keep your plan simple. Start with a single department in your organisation and then, as the software becomes part of the department, roll it out to other sections.
Once you know what system you will go with, refine your document management implementation plan.
Install the system and make sure everyone who will use the system gets the proper training. Learn the system inside and out.